Chief Operating Officer – Columbia Basin Broadband Corporation
Be our leader in broadband development in the Columbia Basin.
The Trust is looking for a Chief Operating Officer with the ability to impact broadband development, uptake and utilization in the Columbia Basin. Step into a senior leadership role where you can make a meaningful impact to the quality of life, well-being and prosperity of Columbia Basin residents and communities.
Live the mountain culture and work in the Kootenay region of southeastern British Columbia, where you can have a balance of rural and urban lifestyles. Build on your track record of successful large-scale, complex projects, share your senior business management experience and financial management acumen, and reside in one of the best places on earth.
We’re in the business of supporting community development.
Columbia Basin Trust invests in opportunities that generate financial returns, funding its operation and strategic initiatives that address community and regional priorities. The Trust recognizes that to be successful, the region needs better high-speed connectivity and needs to explore how to best use that connectivity to further social, economic and environmental well-being.
High-speed Internet connects citizens, enables businesses to remain competitive in a global economy, enhances quality of life, supports education, helps attract and retain youth, and augments the delivery of health and government services.
The Trust has tasked Columbia Basin Broadband Corporation (CBBC), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Trust, with achieving this, and provides funding for CBBC’s activities. To view CBBC’s current strategic plan click here.
How you will contribute to the company’s success:
As the Chief Operating Officer of Columbia Basin Broadband Corporation, you will lead our efforts to:
- Work with communities and rural areas to connect them to the network
- Facilitate use of the network and broadband infrastructure
- Pursue commercial, business development and education opportunities created by the network and the services available through it
- Oversee network management
- Provide leadership and guidance to the broadband team
- Explore opportunities to generate revenue with the network, and
- Explore and pursue opportunities to expand the network
What the company expects from you:
We are looking for someone with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills who can work effectively with communities and rural areas. You will need to execute complex projects, focus on meeting client and customer needs, maintain a strong and collaborative relationship with the Trust and build and maintain close relationships with multiple stakeholders, including communities, different levels of government, community development organizations and the private sector.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a post-secondary degree with 10 years’ experience including at least 5-7 years of senior business management experience
- financial management acumen
- the ability to adapt to evolving circumstances in communities and respond to community needs in a respectful and effective manner
- the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- a demonstrated ability to focus on and meet client and customer needs with innovative and creative solutions, and
- a track record of successful execution of large-scale, complex projects
Knowledge of broadband connectivity challenges and opportunities in rural communities would be an asset. The ability to work with a board of directors would also be an asset.
What you can expect as a Trust employee:
- You’ll be proud to work with a dynamic organization that does meaningful work with residents and communities in the Basin region.
- You’ll be able to work and live in the beautiful Basin, which offers year-round outdoor recreation, family-friendly communities, a vibrant arts and culture scene and much more.
- You’ll work from either our CRANBROOK or CASTLEGAR office.
- You’ll receive a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
To view the Columbia Basin click here.
Interested candidates who wish to learn more about the position can click here for the job description. Please direct resumes and cover letters, along with salary expectations, to: email@example.com by 4:00 pm on Thursday March 2, 2017.