Columbia Basin Broadband Corporation (CBBC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Columbia Basin Trust created to improve connectivity to Basin communities and rural areas.
The Trust provides funding support for CBBC’s ongoing operating costs and the costs of activating CBBC’s fibre optic network in the region. CBBC acts as the network manager, operator and developer, and as a resource to service providers. CBBC also works closely with Basin communities to provide support to those seeking to extend or improve local service.
What We Do
Columbia Basin residents have told us that high-speed Internet is important to them.
This is why one of the Trust’s strategic priorities is to make high-speed Internet connectivity available throughout the region.
Through CBBC, we are:
- developing, activating and maintaining a regional high-speed fibre optic network
- creating connection points in the network so that service providers or communities can connect to it
- helping service providers improve their infrastructure so they can offer higher speeds to customers, plus exploring other means of support
- helping communities bring high-speed Internet to their business cores
- providing direct services to local government customers and other large entities
- exploring opportunities to evolve and expand the network to meet the region’s needs.